3 Reasons to Avoid DIY Mold Removal

DIY projects provide useful “life-hacks” and advice for property owners. But when it comes to mold and mildew removal, DIY tutorials can threaten the safety of you, your loved ones and your Las Vegas home.

Mold and mildew feeds on moisture and humidity. If there is a water leak or damp spot in your home or business, the mold will continue to develop and fester. Eventually, bleach, detergents, and sponges are not enough to stop the organism from growing. It requires professional treatment in order to permanently remove the danger.

Fortunately, you don’t have to remove the process alone. We at ERX want to introduce three reasons why you should avoid DIY mold removal tutorials and contact a technician.

The Problem Lies Under the Surface

Mold spreads into unseen, hidden areas of your property and cannot be visible to the naked eye. The hot spots for mold can be found beneath the floors, inside the walls, and in the ceiling.

Thermal radiation and state-of-the-art technology are valuable tools for professionals to track the wet areas of your property. Without this professional equipment, it makes it difficult to access these vulnerable areas and permanently remove the mold.

If the mold continues to grow in these hidden spots, you will notice a musty odor penetrating the area. Many people are allergic to mold and mildew and begin to have asthma and respiratory problems if the issue is not taken care of immediately. So make sure to call a professional to help you find all traces of mold.

Did you know?

ERX Emergency Restoration Experts offer 24/7 emergency services in Las Vegas and arrive on-site within 45 minutes. Once a technician arrives, they will inspect and offer a free estimate of the project —all handled by certified pros.

The Process Can Be Dangerous

Because mold spores are microscopic, they permeate the air and are inhaled without you noticing. Inhaling can cause long-term health problems to your family or employers if not removed permanently.

While DIY tutorials use harsh chemicals to minimize mold, they do not prevent the unseen particles from circulating in the air and infesting a new area.

Technicians on the other hand use professional equipment like vacuums, dehumidifiers, and air filtration systems. This equipment guarantees the job is done correctly the first time.

If you’ve hired a good mold removal company, technicians will use preventative work. This guarantees the mold does not return.

Takes More Time and Money

In the long-run, DIY mold removal only makes the process longer and more expensive. Only after you rip out the carpet or tear down the walls do you realize how complicated mold removal can be.


ERX staff are trained not only in mold removal. Expert contractors and technicians are also trained in water, fire, and sewage damage cleanup and repair. No matter the situation, they can restore your property to pre-loss condition.

To save you time and energy, contact a professional for an inspection before following a DIY video. Hiring a certified company means the job will be done efficiently. Technicians are trained to move quickly and will permanently remove the issue.

Contact us